Close encounters of the Celebrity Kind
On any given day our salon is kind of the Grand Central Station of Beverly Hills, and 9 times out of 10 there’s at least one major celeb sitting in our chairs getting their mane managed, or their nails a next level mani/pedi. Here’s this week’s paparazzi pics!
clockwise from top left:
- JLO who literally got ‘Best Dressed’ and ‘Best Beauty Look’ on every single list imaginable. Hair color à la Tracey Cunningham.
- Kimberly Perry of ‘The Band Perry” and her lust-worthy locks shot in the salon by our very own photog Luke Austin-Paglialonga! Her perfect blonde by Chelsea Belushi and bomb blow-out by Joseph Orozco
- Le Sigh… Will we ever grow up to be Chrissy Teigen? Prob not, but at least we can stare at her in the salon. Blonde courtesy of our Queen T, Tracey Cunningham.
- Tish & Noah Cyrus celebrate their extensions from Melissa Brown and Raz Rivera. (jk. they were celebrating Noah’s bday)
- #GIRLBOSS, Sophia Amoruso, client of Stacy Ho & Sarah Conner, throws a grunge inspired, tiara slangin’ party at her Melrose store with COURTNEY LOVE. I mean.. this woman had a kid with Kurt Cobain. RIP
Jesse Montana & His Extracurricular Activities
Jesse, @thejessemontana, has become a go to stylist for Hollywood hotties popping up everywhere. This week Jesse stepped out of the Salon to work on a music vid for Lele Pons, the Twitter, Vine, Snapchat, IG extraordinaire (4 MILLION FOLLOWERS), and for that Pretty Little Liar, Janelle Parish, who is being featured in the next issue of LOVE magazine (if you don’t read it, you should).
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
Keeping up with Queen T
Probably the busiest woman we know, Tracey Cunningham never ceases to impress us. Not only is she the most sought after colorist in Hollywood, but she’s been titled “Detail Maker of the Year” by Marie Claire and E! at the Annual Image Maker Awards held at the Chateau Marmont on Tuesday!!! On top of this and the Golden Globes, she sat down with Yahoo.com to dissect her top 6 celeb hair colors and then jetted off to Barcelona to chill with Shakira… I mean…
6 Celebrity Hair Colors Broken Down by Master Colorist Tracey Cunningham
Check out her Yahoo.com interview here!
The Salon Sandbox
Last but not least… On Friday we sat, chatted and fell in love with stylist Alessandra Saman! With a smile that brightens up the dark El Niño skies, and style that can’t help but make the salon floor her catwalk, we had to dig a little deeper to learn more about this Girl Guru!
Mèche: Where are you from, and how long have you been at Mèche Salon?
Ali: I grew up in Beverly Hills, started my career at Neil George and made the move to Mèche since we opened in 2012!
M: Favorite hair trend of the moment?
A: My favorite hair trend is sexy, messy, rock n’ roll, effortless hair. Like you just rolled out of bed looking HOT! Think Lou Doillon, Freja Beha or Jeanne Damas. BABES!
M: Name your fashion icon of the past and present.
A: My favorite of the past is Yves Saint Laurent and “le smoking tuxedo” HOT, and of course Hedi Slimane (current CD of Saint Laurent) is a genius! I’m also in love with Alessandro Michele for Gucci!!!